Gentoo Linux 10.0, a special anniversary live DVD to celebrate the project's 10th birthday. The LiveDVD features a superb list of packages, some of which are listed below.
* System packages include: Linux Kernel 2.6.30 (with gentoo patches), Accessibility Support with Speakup 3.1.3,
BASH 4.0, GLIBC 2.9, GCC 4.3.2. Binutils 2.18, Python 2.6.2, Perl 5.8.8, and more.
* Desktop Environments and window managers include: KDE 4.3.1, GNOME 2.26.3, Xfce 4.6.1, Enlightenment 0.16.8.15,
Openbox 220.127.116.11, Fluxbox 1.1.1, TWM 1.0.4, and more.
* Office, graphics, and productivity applications include: OpenOffice 3.1.1, G/Vim 7.2.182, Abiword 2.6.4,
GNUCash 2.2.9, Scribus 18.104.22.168, GIMP 2.6.4, Inkscape 0.46, Blender 2.49a, XSane 0.996, and much more.
* Web browsers include: Mozilla Firefox (Minefield) 3.5.3, Arora 0.7.11, Opera 10.0, Epiphany 2.26.3,
Galeon 2.0.4, Seamonkey 1.1.17, and other favorites.
* Communication tools include: Pidgin 2.5.9, Quassel 0.5, Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.23, Claws Mail 3.7.2,
Ekiga 2.0.12, Qtwitter 0.7.1, irssi 0.8.13, and many more.
* Multimedia applications include: Amarok 2.1.1, MPlayer 1.0_rc4, DvdAuthor 0.6.14, LAME 3.98.2, FFMPEG 0.5_p19928,
GNOME-MPlayer 0.9.7, SMPlayer 0.6.6, and several others.
The Gentoo-Ten LiveDVD is available in two flavors, a hybrid x86/x86_64 version, and an x86_64-only version. The livedvd-x86-amd64-32ul-10.0 will work on x86 or x86_64. If your arch is x86, then boot with the default gentoo kernel. If your arch is amd64 boot with the gentoo64 kernel. This means you can boot a 64bit kernel and install a customized 64bit userland while using the provided 32bit userland. The livedvd-amd64-multilib-10.0 version is for x86_64 only.
Click here to know more about this product.