Kanotix will run as a LIVE-CD on practically any computer -- automatically detecting and configuring virtually any piece of hardware. It is ideal for analysis, data rescue, forensic work, removal of viruses on Win-PCs - or simply for safe surfing and mailing in an internet cafe. It installs to your hard drive in just a few minutes and is ideal for use on your desktop workstation or notebook, or as a server.
KANOTIX-2006-01-RC1 is a Linux Live CD based on high compression technology initially pioneered by KNOPPIX, but using mostly pure Debian/sid.
Features for Kanotix-2006-01-RC1
* Kernel 18.104.22.168 with many patches
* ACPI and DMA enabled by default (can be disabled with acpi=off and nodma respectively)
* i586 optimization - not for use with older CPUs!
* 192 MB RAM required, 256 MB RAM recommended
* Unionfs support (with unionfs cheat)
* NTFS-3g support
* AVM Fritz!Card DSL support
* KDE 3.5.4
* ALSA 1.0.11rc4
* GRUB boot loader for CD start - ideal for rescue in command line mode
* Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool in the extra menu of the boot loader
Click here to know more about this product.